Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Level Plus (12/18/24) Mk1

sp

I've just come across a Zero88 Level18 Plus. As it's not on the website I presume it is not produced anymore, but is there any manual or data sheet in existence for it? I have a couple of queries about it.

Thanks,

sp

The old grey Mk1 Level+ Series (12, 18 & 24 channel versions) are now discontinued, in favour of the new black Mk2 Level+ 12. The Mk2 now has a wide mode feature to give 24 channel operation, plus has a sequence which can be run as a chase or as a 'go' style playback stack.

The Mk1 had analogue outputs as standard with DMX as an option. The Mk2 has DMX as standard, the analogue option is no longer available.

Information on the Mk1 is available HERE.

Thanks for that Paul. The desk is in a relatively new small concert hall, but is used very rarely. I noticed when rigging yesterday that a lantern controlled on fader 3 Preset A, was controlled by fader 1 on Preset B. I'm pretty certain this is a fault with the desk?, but as I say, its not used very often at all (well its never been used to date I don't think), so it's probably not worth getting fixed.

My other question was what the 'racks' LED was for on the desk, but as this is a DMX only version, the manual now confirms that this light is redundant on this desk.

Thanks,

sp

• 9 months later...

I've got an ancient, and very battered, Level 12 that has just developed a problem. I don't really want to spend anything on repairing it as it's about to be replaced, but I'm wondering if there is an obvious cause for this problem that may be a, easy to fix myself, or b, just caused by my stupidity over looking the obvious.

Basicall the preset masters have no effect and both presets seem to be stuck at about 80%, the flash buttons cause the level of that preset to raise a bit so I know its less than 100%.

Any ideas?

From what you have described it sounds like the either the IC or transistor for the fader control circuit has failed.

It may also be a problem with supply rail to the the above parts.

Regards,

Keith Rogers

keith.rogers@signify.com

DD: +44 (0) 1633 833 101.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...

It's still possible to have Level 18 documentations? In particular the dmx option in what consists and if the power supply is also optional from where the desk will powered? If this option dmx is not present I suppose that there isn't any uC that can provie an serial output right? Or I need only a RS485 converter for example?

I ask that because I have to became usefull one level 18+ that haven't the power supply connector and the 5 pin dmx connector aren't linked inside. The three connetor with analog output is some standard compliant or it use a proprietary protocol?

I read that is not possible to have the service manual but if you give me the information that I need this is not a big problem.

Thaks you very much.

The DMX was an optional update for the Level Plus range of desk.

It was a small PCB with an XLR and DMX drive circuit that could be retro fitted to the analogue versions of the unit. To run the unit as a DMX only unit then required an external PSU to power the unit, but this came as part of the kit.

We are no longer able to supply this item though.

Regards,

Keith Rogers

keith.rogers@signify.com

DD: +44 (0) 1633 833 101.

• 2 weeks later...