Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Riggers Remote

pdrage

Yeah I found it worked really well, until for some obscure reason I started getting problems with the software, mentioned here.

Even easier than using the remote switches on the keyboard, you can now just leave the desk on the memories screen, type in a number and press return twice to go to it.

sp

That is a good idea apart from the fact- how far do wireless keyboard signals go?? Don't think up the tower the other side of the stage :(

Sam

2m, hence the reason I said that if we could have remote control options to go up and down (so not just like go) throught memories...

Cat5, 4 pair with screen cost 30 euro for 600m. It's install stuff so you wont be rolling it up too handy. :)

There's also flexible CAT5 cable. We use it for transferring a USB signal over > 50m. to a 01V96 from the FOH; works fine.

> 500 posts, time for a new T-shirt? ;)

I remember a post on those Frog style buttons here, thats a good idea I guess... and with the standard UTP connectors you could make a rather flexible system. I think I'm going to look into this too, should be fun.

Any specs on the green color used on the Frogs? ;)

Doesn't matter a lot for this purpose, you'll won't encouter sideeffects by distortion but maybe the STP is a little bit more on the safe side. If the UTP is the better cable just use that one, or try it out for a little while since the two of them have the same connectors.