Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Betapack 2 Analogue Connector

rew45

Richard,

Those are the connectors I have for connecting a demux to my betapacks.

If you haven't got the spec for what connection is on what pin then this may be of use;

Zero88: Pin 1-> Ch1, Pin 2 -> Ch2, Pin 3 -> Ch3, Pin 4 -> Ch4, Pin 5 -> Ch5, Pin 6 -> Ch6, Pin 7 -> Supply and Pin 8 -> Ground.

Hope that helps

Mike

Hire prices are tricky to set - our Level 12DMX goes for £25 for a 10 day hire week. We hold on to it because it's a basic 2 preset desk and we don't have analogue input racks in hire anymore - we moved to Beta 3's a few years back.

Cable pin outs for Strand desks to Beta's are standard but do bear in mind that both racks need to be set to negative desk supply if you're using fully wired cables - internal fuses will pop otherwise. For the same reason, fit the finger plate on the Beta's that covers the polarity switch - I've had several calls over the years where fingers have wandered to make the nasty red LED change colour to a "nicer green" :P

Ian Knight aka The Service Guy - www.serviceguy.co.uk

iank99,

Thanks for the tips, I'll make sure both packs are set to positive supply. The desk is my own design, and needs +20v to +24v, it was originally for use with Furze (fx spit) dimmers. This is all for a very small production, with an even smaller budget :)