Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Color-Changing

MarcelM

Hello,

my theater-team and me are struggling with a problem. We are using the Orb XF desk and are trying to achieve a nice color-changing between two scenes. We want to use our 4 recently new bought JB led A8 washer.

Most things work great but there is one, kind of basic effect we couldn't really achive.

We want to use the washers to create a nice color scene on the stage and change it with an up and downfade to the next color scene.

We can create a color-change when using only 2 washers for each color. So two fade down while the others fade up. That works nice. But we are thinking about using all the washers for one scene and then they should change >all together< to the next scene without lowering the intensity completely down. And we only want the Washers to change directly to the next colors without skipping through the other colors.

There should always be light on the stage and no darkness.

Is that even possible or is the only possiblity to split the washers in pair of twos and use them in different cue-steps.

Thanks for the help

Marcel

Hi Marcel,

As long as you are using RGB colour values, and not a Colour Macro channel, then this should fade automatically.

You can change the time in the 'colour' column to choose what time you would like the colour to change in.

If this isn't happening, post your showfile on here, and let me know which two cues you want a fade between, and we'll have a look at it.

Best regards,

Jon

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

• 2 weeks later...